Cooking food is an art form that many people take to heart. Before we take a look at what are the advantages of sous vide cooking, just know what it is. The word sous vide means under vacuum. It is a method of cooking where the food is sealed in a plastic bag then placed in an oven.
Advantages of sous vide cooking:
- Simple cooking:
Even a complete novice in the kitchen can achieve perfect results every time. With a sous vide cooking, you can set the temperature and drop in a vacuum sealed pouch of food.
- Enhanced natural flavours:
Food cooked in vacuum-sealed food grade pouches will not lose its flavour. The flavour is locked in and its essence will stay in the food cooks in its own natural juices.
It will cook gently and precisely at its perfect serving temperature. Food will not overcook even if it get delayed. Once cooked, food holds for a surprising length of time and it will be ready.
- Improved nutrition:
The essential fats will found in many foods that are not damaged by the high temperatures used with cooking techniques. With sous vide cooking; the vitamins and antioxidants will remain intact within the food.
- It is lesser fats, lesser salts and spices needed due to containment in a vacuum bag and this will be a healthier dishes.
- You can hold foods cooked sous vide at their temperature for long periods of time without damaging the quality of the dish and making it an ideal cooking method.
- Sous vide cooking is by nature a repeatable process. Set the temperature, timer and you can walk away. You will wind up with perfectly cooked food every time you do it.
- The spices and the flavours that you have used to season the food in the bag will remain inside and it will not escape. This enclosed environment will concentrate the flavours in the bag and it will be aromatic food at the end of the cooking time.
- The healthier food takes more time and effort to prepare than unhealthy food. If you are cooking in a rush, the probability is higher that you will make less healthy food choices. Sous vide cooking requires food to be prepared in advance.
- With extremely precise temperature control, the same dish can be prepared in time. With sous vide the food will cook all the way through evenly at a low temperature. It is impossible to overcook the food in a water bath.
- It saves time and prepares slow cook a number of many sous vide bags portions. You can store in refrigerator or freezer for future use. Then you can reheat in a water bath at the same
- Vacuum compressed pouches will produce the denser food with smooth texture.
- Moisture is retained when cooking with this method. The food in the bag is constantly exposed to the steam within the bag. This ensures that the food does not dry out during the long cooking process.
This will help you with your sous vide cooking adventure, what you decide to cook and the flavours are all up to you.